[texhax] [Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr: EuroTeX 2005]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 9 03:01:58 CEST 2004

FYI ...  (The web site isn't there yet.)

It sounds good.

Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:32:30 +0200
From: "Fabrice Popineau" <Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr>
Subject: EuroTeX 2005

             15th Annual Meeting of the European TeX Users

                          EuroTeX 2005

                   March 07 - March 11, 2005,
                      Abbaye des Prémontrés
                    (Pont-à-Mousson, France)

EuroTeX 2005 will be a special one: we celebrate the
2^{2^{2^{2^{2^{-\infty}}}}} = 16th anniversary of both Dante and
GUTenberg.  EuroTeX 2005 will take place Between Metz and Nancy in the
Premonstratension Abbey of Pont-à-Mousson, in a facility where we can
all be in one place.  There will be talks and free workshops and more
than enough opportunities to discuss and share experiences. The
conference is also a great opportunity to meet the people who make it
happen.

The site of the conference is under construction at:
    http://www.gutenberg.eu.org/EuroTeX2005/

The theme of the conference will be:

    _Let's TeX Together!_

Possible topics include:
    * TeX, TeX extensions, tools
    * Macros and formats
    * Fonts: math fonts, OpenType, etc.
    * Metapost, Metafont, Metafun, etc.
    * Typography and digital documents
    * Professional experiences with TeX

Tutorials will be offered during the first part of the conference, from
March 7th at noon to Tuesday 8th evening.  Invited speakers and regular
speakers will give talks during the second part from Wednesday 9th to
Friday 11th. People are invited to submit original papers on any of the
topics listed above or any other topic related to the main theme of the
conference. The topics list above is by no way exhaustive.

Paper submissions, proposals for tutorials and remarks relating to the
program of the meeting should be sent to the Program Committee mailing
list (mailto:eurotex2005-program at gutenberg.eu.org) by September 1st,
2004. Important: because of the international audience, we expect
submissions in English.

And last but not least ...  because 16 is a special number for computer
scientists, we have good hope that the well known author of TeX, Donald
E.  Knuth be our special guest. We also hope to have Hermann Zapf, who
has a special place in the TeX community as special guest.

We expect users and contributors from all over the world to attend the
conference.  We are currently working on the program, so feel free to
submit topics, suggestions.

The organization committee hope that you will join us in Pont-à-Mousson.

Important Dates:
  * Registration opening: 15 September 2004
  * Early-bird registration: 30 November 2004
  * Registration: 31 January 2005

Papers
  * Intention with summary: September 1st, 2004
  * First version of full paper: 31 October 2004
  * Acceptation: 30 November 2004
  * Final version of full paper: 15 January 2005

Program Committee:
  Volker RW Schaa 	mailto:v.r.w.schaa at gsi.de
  Fabrice Popineau 	mailto:fabrice.popineau at supelec.fr
  Jacques André 	mailto:jacques.andre at irisa.fr
  Hans Hagen		mailto:pragma at wxs.nl
  Daniel Flipo		mailto:flipo at univ-lille1.fr
  Boguslaw Jackowski 	mailto:B.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
  Wlodzimierz Bzyl 	mailto:matwb at univ.gda.pl
  Petr Sojka		mailto:sojka at informatics.muni.cz
  Giuseppe Bilotta 	mailto:gip.bilotta at iol.it
  Steve Grathwohl 	mailto:sgrathwohl at dukeupress.edu
  Bernd Raichle 	mailto:raichle at Informatik.Uni-Stuttgart.DE

Organizing Committee:
  Volker RW Schaa 	mailto:v.r.w.schaa at gsi.de
  Fabrice Popineau 	mailto:fabrice.popineau at supelec.fr
  Maurice Laugier 	mailto:laugier.maurice at tele2.fr
  Klaus Höppner 	mailto:klaus at dante.de
  Hans Hagen 	        mailto:pragma at pi.net
  Jerzy Ludwichovski 	mailto:jerzy.ludwichowski at uni.torun.pl
  Sarah Grimaud 	mailto:sarah.grimaud at wanadoo.fr
  Gilles Pérez-Lambert 	mailto:gilles.perez at univ-montp3.fr
  Michèle Jouhet 	mailto:michele.jouhet at cern.ch

For more information, you can contact the EuroTeX 2005 Conference Office:
	Secrétariat GUTenberg
	Allée du Torrent
	Zone Tokoro
	F-05000 GAP
	FRANCE
and / or subscribe to the conference mailing list:
mailto:eurotex2005 at gutenberg.eu.org

To subscribe to this list, please send a message with 'SUB eurotex2005' to
mailto:sympa at gutenberg.eu.org.

			Prices

We do not have yet all the information regarding pricing, only an upper
limit of what we will get. We are doing our possible to keep the price
as low as possible while providing the best accommodation and food.

Currently, in order to simplify registration handling, we plan to offer
only 2 options which will include accommodation, meals, coffee breaks,
gala diner, conference fee and materials.  There will be an early-bird
discount offer according to the calendar, so stay tuned.  Full
registration information will be published on the conference web site
soon.

Tutorials by themselves will be offered for free. The higher price will
cover accommodation, meals and facility rental.

There will be a supplementary tour organized on Saturday 12th. We are still
discussing different options about it.

		Coming to the Conference

The closest international airport is Luxembourg.  Usually, it costs
about the same to come to either Frankfurt, London or Paris than to come
to Luxembourg for international flights.

By train, you can come to either Nancy or Metz and then take a shuttle
to go to Pont-à-Mousson.

By car, Pont-à-Mousson is located on E23/A31, half-way between Metz and
Nancy.

Detailed information will be published on the conference web site.