[texhax] producing a PS file from a tex file

Andy Ludu andyludu at cox.net
Fri Jul 9 00:01:49 CEST 2004

Good evening,

I have purchased from TUG the last version available of LaTex.

I am using a Xemacs editor, and it works terrific, in Tex and LaTex. Alos it
converts "tex files into *.pdf fast and great.

The problem is how to generate a *ps file.

Many journals also request the *.ps file of the submission.

The only command I can use is to select from the upper command line in
XEmacs: "Comands", and then: "Print" and then: "ps"

IN the bottom command line I have now: "dvips fielname.tex -Pps"
I hit enter, it says the ps file was printed okay...and there is no ps file.

Please, could you help me?

Thanks,
Dr. A. Ludu
Northwestern State University