[texhax] help needed with xfig (urgent)

Jing Zhang jingz002000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 18:37:02 CEST 2004

I tried to search the web on how to make the background transparent for a figure drawn by xfig --- this is what I want. I got the following message: When a figure is exported in .fig format, I could have the choice to make the background transparent. Does anybody have any ideas on:
1. How to choose the background and transparent colors?
2. How to paste a .fig by latex? I need this graph for my conference paper.

Thanks in advance.

Jing

Vittorio <v.demartino2 at virgilio.it> wrote:
On Tuesday 06 July 2004 20:47, Jing Zhang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to prepare a figure in which, say, two round areas with different
> patterns overlapped partially in xfig. I expect these two different
> patterns could appear in the intersected area at the same time instead of
> that one pattern conceal the other completely. I tried to adjust the depth
> of each figure, but these two patterns just appear alternatively. Does
> anybody know how to make these two figures transparent to each other so
> that these two patterns can be seen in the intersected area at the same
> time?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jing

Jing, perhaps I didn't catch exactly what you wanted!
Anyway, try to draw the 2 pictures on the same depth, say 50, without using
different depths.....

Vittorio