[texhax] Teeny type

Michael Doob mdoob at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jul 7 16:26:43 CEST 2004

I know this is slightly off topic for this group, so forgive me
if I am offensive. Nonetheless, since most readers of texhax
are so nice ...

I was in the US last week and received one of the new 20 dollar bills.
It has one of the common anticounterfeiting measures: include some
teeny type that will not scan/photocopy well. Just to the right of
Andrew Jackson's face under the first part of the work TWENTY is a
string 20 USA 20 USA ... The size is about 2/3pt. The newest series
of Canadian dollar bills has perspective type descending to about 2pt.

So my question is: does the US now hold the record for teeny type on
paper currency? What about the new Euros or others?

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Doob                        Telephone: (204) 474-9796
Department of Mathematics           Fax: (204) 474-7606
University of Manitoba              email: Michael_Doob at umanitoba.ca
Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2