[texhax] Help with Chicago please

r.passos at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au r.passos at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jul 5 04:38:51 CEST 2004

Hello

I am not sure if this is the correct place to make my inquiry - please direct me.

I have recently started using TexShop 1.34 on my MAC X 10.2.8.

I would like to use the Chicago bibliography style in my documents and have downloaded chicago.bst chicago.sty and chicagoa.bst from the CTAN site. However, I cannot get it to work. I have been able to get the plain and unsrt bibliograph styles to work so I assume my source list is okay.

Would you be able to tell me where I should store the chicago files for LaTex and BibTex to find them?

Am I using the correct command? This what I have typed in

\begin{document}
\bibliographystyle{chicago}

\bibliography{yetanotherbibl}
\end{document}

and this is the error message I get after running Latex, I run Bibtex.

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.2)
The top-level auxiliary file: 5junethesis2.aux
I couldn't open style file chicago.bst
---line 2 of file 5junethesis2.aux
 : \bibstyle{chicago
I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
I found no style file---while reading file 5junethesis2.aux
(There were 2 error messages)

--
Roza Faunce
PhD Candidate