[texhax] un-italicizing lower-case Greek letters

Joan Boorstein jboor at math.umb.edu
Tue Feb 17 21:36:15 CET 2004

> Also, is there a simple way to output two sets of words, one flush on the
> left side of the page and the other flush on the right side of the page on
> the same line? An example is:
>
> \underline{\textsc{Home}}   \hspace{11.5cm}   \underline{\textsc{University}}\\
>
> (where _Home_ would be flush on the left side of the page and _University_
> flush on the right side of the page) but determining the value for \hspace
> is iterative and thus time consuming. Does an easier method exist?

I have used the following in concert programs to produce lines of the form
I think you want:

	\line{The Spirit of Gambo\hfil Tobias Hume}

This produces a line where _The Spirit of Gambo_ is flush at the left margin
and _Tobias Hume_ is flush at the right margin.  Change the text to whatever
you like with or without underlining ... no computations needed ... let TeX
do it ...

Hope this helps,
Joan Boorstein