[texhax] Converting from LaTeX to MS Word

Sorin Marti mas at semafor.ch
Thu Dec 23 08:25:49 CET 2004

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>>Well I don't know such a tool and I don't think there is one.
>>After all there are ABSOLUTELY no reasons for me to downgrade a
>>limousine to a bike...
>>

>a bike rider writes: downgrade? -- the limousine is clumsy and hard to
>manage, and is a heavy consumer of limited world resources.  whereas a
>bike is manoeuverable, easy to park, and consumes little but body fat
>(though, admittedly, not _enough_ body fat...).
>
>no.  i think you have your metaphor upside-down.

well if my english was better, I surely would be able to use more
complex and better metaphors... But you are absolutely right:
There might be reasons using a world file but they are not
quality-oriented and that is what I don't like about the idea.
Have you ever made formulas with MS Formula editor? They are ugly,
believe me. If beautiful documents are the reason for using LaTeX, it is
curios to use latex and then make an ugly word file out of it.

BUT: I'd also use latex2html, copy the generated images and make the
rest with abiword or something like that. Maybe you find out how
latex2html generates these images and can do that whithout the whole
stuff around it.

I'm sorry for starting a discussion which was not very helpfull for the
submitter of the original question.

Sincerely,
Sorin Marti