[texhax] re: Chemical structures with plain TeX

John Simmie john.simmie at nuigalway.ie
Tue Aug 31 12:37:36 CEST 2004

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:01:48 +0200
From: "Rodolfo Medina" <romeomedina at libero.it>
Subject: [texhax] Chemical structures with plain TeX
To: <texhax at tug.org>

 >Hi,
 >if I understand well, XymTeX is only for LaTeX and not for plain TeX.
 >Is that right?
 >Does there exist any package
 >for creating chemical structural diagrams in plain TeX format?
 >Thanks. Cheers,        Rodolfo

If there is such a thing Rodolfo you do not want to use it unless you
are just writing the occasional ultra-simple chemical structure ...
the same stricture applies to LaTeX ... use a modern professional  tool
such as the freeware Isis/Draw and import the structures via a
graphics file.

              Professor John M. Simmie
Chemistry Department & Environmental Change Institute
    National University of Ireland, Galway::Ireland