[texhax] Labelling inline equations in LaTeX

Wendy Langer wlanger at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 17 06:45:47 CEST 2004

Hi there all,

I was wondering what the "obvious" way is to label a mathematical equation
that is "inline", that is, it is within a paragraph of text, and not
seperated out with it's own indentation and so on.

When I try to do this, LateX puts the equation in a paragraph of its own,
which is not what I want.

Could anyone direct me to some sample code showing how to do this?

Thanks very much,

Wendy Langer

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his
tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand
this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they
receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."  Albert
Einstein