[texhax] Re: [OFFTOPIC] UTF

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Thu Apr 8 15:17:59 CEST 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 14:19, Chris Rowley wrote:
> So LaTeX should not be too difficult (e-mail the files to yourself??).
>
> > Unicode with LaTeX would be interesting, though I'm not sure how one
> > would type it on a standard keyboard.

Use the modifier key, on my keyboard for example (on a Linux box), the
modifier key is the Windows key. Typing
Mod-',e (that is hold the modifier key while pressing ' and e consecutively),
will produce an é.

If you can't find your modifier key (or your distro didn't setup one for you)
read:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Keyboard-and-Console-HOWTO.html

If you want to type Russian (for example), you can switch keyboard layouts (at
least with KDE that is very easy to do) using a special defined keyboard
shortcut or an system tray applet.

best,
Jeroen

--