[texhax] LaTeX Primer

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Sun Sep 14 20:51:55 CEST 2003

Radhakrishnan:

> The TUGIndia online LaTeX Tutorial is now available in book format.
> You might download the formatted pdf and source tarball which has all
> the source TeX files and supporting packages at:
>
>   http://sarovar.org/projects/ltxprimer

After some fumbling around I finally realized that 'files' contains
the files ... this could be made more clear, though I'm not sure how!
Maybe simply put it far to the LEFT, just after Summary.  In other
words, the files are the most important thing, and you have put them
at the end of the list.

I had no trouble with the download or unpacking.  But:

! LaTeX Error: File `pxfonts.sty' not found.

I would suggest that you include this in the package.

A second suggestion is to always provide the document as html by using
latex2html (which you can find at ctan).  This would allow a *real*
beginner to get a leg up.

Regards,

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Cancer Institute
  Laboratory of Experimental and Computational Biology
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)
  http://www.lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/