[texhax] Naming Files/YAP?

Gayle Trent gd830 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:32:49 CEST 2003

Hi:

I recently downloaded TeX and I'm trying to become familiar with the
program.  Yesterday I created a document using Notepad.  I saved it with the
following extensions: pdftex, tex, pdf, and dvi.  However, YAP wouldn't open
any of the files.  The closest it would come is with the dvi extension, but
then I would get an error message that YAP didn't recognize the file and
that program as well as my Internet Explorer would shut down.  If it makes a
difference, I'm running a PC, Windows 98 operating system.  Please help!

Thanks so much for your time and attention.  I look forward to hearing from
you.

Sincerely,

Gayle Trent

http://www.graceabraham.com
LAUGHING AND LEARNING: ADVENTURES IN PARENTING
You'll laugh.  You'll cry.  You'll identify.