[texhax] Re: easy update of teTeX on Linux?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Mon Oct 6 03:19:57 CEST 2003

also sprach Roberto Sanchez <rcsanchez97 at yahoo.es> [2003.10.06.0210 +0200]:
> Actually a better alternative is to use Debian instead (which is far
> easier to maintain).  In that case, all you need to do is (as root):
>
> # apt-get update
> # apt-get upgrade
>
> Incidentally, that upgrades ALL packages on the machine.

I fully agree. If you only want to upgrade tetex, then you do this:

  apt-get update
  apt-get install tetex-bin tetex-base

and you are done.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"a cigarette is the perfect type of pleasure.
 it is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied."
                                                        -- oscar wilde