[texhax] figures

Jing Zhang jingz002000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 01:30:53 CET 2003

I use the following code to output two figures one after another. I have two questions:
1. How to center the caption?
2. How to adjust the vertical space between these two figures?

The working environment is ieee template.

Thanks in advance.

Jing

\begin{figure}[hbp]
\begin{minipage}[b]{0.5\linewidth} % A minipage that covers half the page, width-wise
\centering

\includegraphics[width=2.8in,height=2.8in]{fd11.eps}
\end{minipage}
\hspace{0.5cm} % To get a little bit of horizontal space between the figures
\begin{minipage}[b]{0.5\linewidth}
\centering
\includegraphics[width=2.8in,height=2.8in]{fd12.eps}
\caption{Second stupendous result}
\end{minipage}
\end{figure}