[texhax] bibliography style + language

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Mon Nov 24 16:00:20 CET 2003

> I started with latex a couple of days ago and did not manage to solve two
> questions.

Sounds like a little manual reading might be in order.

> 1. how do I change my bibliography style as (Author [+ 2. Author
> or et al],
> Year) in the text and in the bibliography sorted alphabetically after
> authors?
> so far natbib only shows up with an abbreviation of the author
> and the year.

The natbib package relies on the bibliography being presented in a certain
fashion, e.g.,

\bibitem[Author1 et al.(1999)Author1, Author2 and
  Author3]{label}
Author1,~A., Author2,~B., and Author3,~C. (1999), \emph{The title} ...

This is not the only possibility but it is best done with BibTeX and a
suitable bibstyle.  The natbib package provides and explains at least three
- so ... try the natbib manual.

> 2. how do I enable I(A) Spell, when I execute the spelling I get:
> I(A)Spell could not be started.

Ispell is not part of LaTeX, as far as I know.  Are you sure you have it
installed and how are you trying to run it?

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside
Newsletters for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com