[texhax] Foot-notes in custom letter class

Russell Shaw rjshaw at iprimus.com.au
Fri May 30 00:57:42 CEST 2003

Hi,
I've made my own letter class that first reads in the
standard latex2e letter class.

When i make a letter, i can do: \email{abc at def}
and it appears in the output .dvi in the main text.

How do i get the same thing to appear in the footer?

I don't want to use \footnote{}, because i want \email{}
to put its entry into a pre-formatted table in the footer.

In the custom class, i just put \@email wherever i want
the email to appear. However, that method doesn't seem
to work in the footer. I think it has something to do
with the order of execution.