[texhax] Could an announcement list be set up?

Justin Bur justin at cam.org
Fri May 16 11:48:21 CEST 2003

Greetings TeX-people,

It's good to see that the TeX community is far more vigorous than the
past few years of TeXhax have led one to believe. Unfortunately, the
community is too vigorous for my mailbox!

I am interested in announcements about TeX, such as the recent TUG News
posting from the TUG board. But questions and answers about the fine
points of using TeX are of no current use to me. Since they form the
bulk of TeXhax volume (and for that matter, the mailing list's primary
purpose), I am likely to unsubscribe. Only the excessive quiet of the
list these past few years has kept me here so long.

I would prefer not to become completely disconnected from the TeX
world. Could an announcement list be set up? Would enough people use it
if it existed? None of the lists currently hosted at tug.org seem to be
what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your attention.

justin