[texhax] TeX -> PostScript, but in a resolution-independent manner

zsdc zsdc at wp.pl
Wed Jun 4 22:20:37 CEST 2003

William Adams wrote:

> It's just a matter of using Type 1 fonts instead of PK as you surmise.
>
> (bitmap font rendering gets a lot nicer w/ Adobe / Acrobat 6 though)

Nicer than Type 1 fonts?

By the way, is it true that the Adobe's Acrobat Reader, which most of
people are using to read PDF files, has some problems with PostScript? I
have no idea, I use Ghostscript and gv, but I've heard something about it.

I suppose it's not true, I can't believe Adobe could make a tool having
problems with PostScript (they invented it, after all), but I'd like to
make sure before I publish any paper in PostScript online.

A friend of mine has been sending his CV in PostScript and later started
to send it as PDF, because most of people have told him, they couldn't
read it, but they probably just didn't know what to do with the .ps
file, I guess.

> Here're some links which should help:
> http://studweb.euv-frankfurt-o.de/twardoch/f/en/
>
> http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~luc/poland.html
>
> and of course it's pretty much an FAQ:
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=dvips-pdf
>
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=type1T1

Thanks a lot! These are really great texts. I live in Poland and after I
just started reading those texts you linked to, I have already learned
lots of things about Polish alphabet, which I didn't even know before. :-)

Thanks.
-zsdc.