[texhax] Equations ...

Manoj Kummini kummini at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 15:51:19 CEST 2003

 --- "Harish S. Bhanderi" <hsb21 at hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I would like to rewrite an equation later on in a document, for
> example in
> an appendix. However, I want to use the same number as when it was
> first
> written. For example, when first written the equation appears as
> 1.1 in
> the .dvi file, I would like the equation in the appendix to have
> the same
> number i.e 1.1 rather than A-1. But I don't know how to do it.

Your problem is not very clear. Do you want to number equations in
Appendix A as 1.1, 1.2 etc instead of A.1, A.2 etc? If that is what
you want, you should probably add something like

\makeatletter
\renewcommand{\theequation}{\@arabic\c at section.\@arabic\c at equation}
\makeatother

in your document. This will however give you an equation in Section 1
and another in Appendix A with the same number.

Manoj.

=====
--
Manoj Kummini