I NEED SOME SERIOUS BIBTEX HELP - HELP HELP

Herbert Gintis hgintis at attbi.com
Wed Feb 19 13:00:03 CET 2003

At 10:14 PM 2/13/2003 +0100, Philip G. Ratcliffe wrote:
>Your problem is that BibTeX simply runs out of memory and therefore stops
>reading the bib file at some random point.  You need to run BibTeX8 (the
>so-called eight-bit version), which is more configurable and allows for a
>much larger database.
>
>If you are using MiKTeX or the like, then you should already have it and its
>documentation, otherwise you can downlaod from CTAN.
>
>One word of warning: if you are using a bst that orders alphabetically,  you
>may find a slight difference in the output between the standard and the
>eight-bit versions.
>
>Cheers,  Phil Ratcliffe
         How does one get bibtex8? Google gives a bunch of mostly defunct,
and otherwise cryptic, sites.

Herb

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060 413-586-7756
Fax: (011) 44 0 871 433 4050
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.isbn.nu/0691009430/amazon>Amazon.com.
   Weakness Corrupts. Weakness masquerading as
     moral superiority is beneath contempt.