[texhax] (another) texinfo manual for LaTeX

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Dec 13 02:06:58 CET 2003

    I'd personally love it if LaTeX was as wonderfully "self-documenting"

Me too.

Besides the existing Texinfo document, the two other main reference
documents I know are:
  http://www.giss.nasa.gov/latex/ltx-2.html
(for latex 2.09, and not maintained, as the author passed away;
copyright status murky, at least to me.)

And:
  http://www.miwie.org/tex-refs/
an ambitious project with an original source in Docbook (which can be
translated into Texinfo, although it is not as of now).  This is the
most active project I know of; they made a release recently.  They are
soliciting assistance, I hope you are inspired :).

For a list of other doc links, including the FAQ entry, see
http://tug.org/interest.html#doc.

All the best,
karl