[texhax] Input Files for LaTex

Jean-Guy Murray jg.murray at videotron.ca
Sun Dec 7 00:00:11 CET 2003

Hi,

I have just completed the installation of LaTex on my desktop computer, running Window Xp Pro.

I have managed to open a .dvi file (short-math-guide) that I downloaded. So, I figure that my installation of LaTex is good.

When I try to create an input file using Notepad or Microsoft Word, saving these files as "Plain Test Files", I automatically get a message that the file is not a .dvi file.

Yet, the literature that I have read about creating input files is that they can be plain text files.

Can you please indicate what I need to do in order to created input files that will be accepted by LaTex, or indicate where I should go for help to resolve my problem.

Thank you for your kind assistance,

Jean Guy Murray

Montreal, Canada

jg.murray at videotron.ca