[texhax] What Does This Mean?

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Wed Aug 27 09:47:57 CEST 2003

I use Y & Y's implementation of the TeX system, which uses texnansi coding.
I get this error message when creating the .ps file: "Encoding msmath:
Font: cmbx10, Face Name: cmbx10, 'eqxiw_..' versus 'texnansi' at byte 330."
The problem (and related problems) affects only the screen fonts (in this
case, the fi ligature appears as a box). It doesn't happen on my laptop.
Does anyone know what this means?

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)