[texdoc] [tex-live] Update to texdoc.cnf

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Thu May 24 20:29:45 CEST 2012

On May 24, 2012, at 1:10 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> I must admit I'm not at all up to speed with latest l3 developments, and I'm
> short on time to look into the document right now, so if you feel like checking
> if other l3-related aliases are needed, your help would be very much appreciated.

Hi Manuel, here's a revised list of all the l3 packages that should point to the interface3.pdf document:

alias	l3bootstrap	 = interface3
alias	l3names	 = interface3
alias	l3basics	 = interface3
alias	l3expan	 = interface3
alias	l3prg	 = interface3
alias	l3quark	 = interface3
alias	l3token	 = interface3
alias	l3int	 = interface3
alias	l3skip	 = interface3
alias	l3tl	 = interface3
alias	l3seq	 = interface3
alias	l3clist	 = interface3
alias	l3prop	 = interface3
alias	l3box	 = interface3
alias	l3coffins	 = interface3
alias	l3color	 = interface3
alias	l3msg	 = interface3
alias	l3keys	 = interface3
alias	l3file	 = interface3
alias	l3fp	 = interface3
alias	l3luatex	 = interface3

The current l3 scheme is the following: truly experimental packages (in the l3experimental directory) have their own documentation files in the form <pkgname>.pdf.  Once a package moves from the experimental directory to the l3kernal directory, its documentation is folded into the interface3.pdf document.

I don't know enough about how the texdoc rules work, but it would make sense if texdoc could be taught to find interface3 as the top choice for any l3* package contained in the kernel directory.  This would avoid having to update individual aliases.

If that's not possible, then the list above is the most up-to-date list.

I removed texlive from the distribution, since this is really just a texdoc issue.  Sorry for the duplicate message, also.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com