[texdoc] --help tweaks

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Mar 7 00:46:52 CET 2009

Karl Berry a écrit :
>     I'd like to add some indication that you can sometimes use [NAME]-[suffix]
>
> Good.

I'll do it a bit latter, better fix a bit the list of know suffixes first.

>     IIRC, the indentation and lines break are here to make help2man
>     happy. I'll see what I can do on this side (suggestions welcome).
>
> GNU coreutils (cp etc.) use help2man, and they indent by two spaces and
> have the kind of trailer I wrote about.  I don't know if Jim (Meyering,
> coreutils maintainer) does something special to make it happen.

Indentation with 2 spaces is OK, but help2man doesn't looks so happy with the
other changes. I'll see some other day if I there are options to fix that,
otherwise it shouldn't be too hard to filter --help through a script better
feeding help2man with it.