[texdoc] ~/.texdoc.cnf?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Sep 23 05:09:17 CEST 2008

Karl Berry a écrit :
> If you think every TeX user has a TEXMFHOME, then ok, no need for
> ~/.texdoc.cnf.  Personally I think lots of TeX users (including me) do
> not have a TEXMFHOME and asking them to set one up just for texdoc is
> wrong.

I also think most users don't have a texmfhome.

> Does texlua give an interface to kpsewhich --expand-path?

Yep.

> Looks to me like it's  matter of inserting the string from
>  kpsewhich --expand-path=~/.texdoc.cnf
> in the get_config_list list.

The technical implementation is not the problem indeed. What bother me
is that I fear having two different files for the same purpose (namely
~/.texdoc.cnf and the present file) can be a source of confusion hence
possibly problems.

Well, one could argue that the only people who know about the config
files are those who read the manual, and that the manual could contain
an explicit warning. I'll see.

Manuel.