[texdoc] [tex-live] texdoc: amslatex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Sep 10 16:00:37 CEST 2008

Rolf Niepraschk a écrit :
>   texdoc amslatex
>
> I get the pdf file "amshelp.pdf". A better choice would be "amsldoc.pdf".

Well, I'm no so sure. I'd rather expect people to type "texdoc amsmath"
for information about amsmath.sty. But yes, amsmath.sty is nothing but
the current form of amslatex, so... Ok, I aliased amslatex to amsldoc.

Anyway, if you have a clear overview of the various ams* documentations
and want to share it, please free to further comment on the current
collection of alias and/or suggest additions. For reference, here it is:

# ams
alias amsmath = amsldoc
alias amscls = instr-l
alias amsart = instr-l
alias amsproc = instr-l
alias amsbook = instr-l
alias amsthm = amsthdoc
alias amsfonts = amsfndoc
alias amsrefs = amsrdoc
#
alias amsmath-dev = amsmath
alias amscls-dev = amsclass
alias amsart-dev = amsclass
alias amsproc-dev = amsclass
alias amsbook-dev = amsclass

Manuel.

PS: cc-ing the texdoc mailing list; we can continue there.