[texdoc] viewer options ignored in .cnf?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun Nov 30 12:35:35 CET 2008

Hi Karl,

Karl Berry a écrit :
> viewer_pdf = xp -f "%s"
> in a texdoc.cnf file, but according to
> texdoc --noise-level=9 apa
> what got executed was
> texdoc debug1: xp "/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/latex/apacite/apacite.pdf"

I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce your problem here. Are you sure you
don't have another viewer_pdf setting in another texdoc.cnf overriding
this one? There are actually two discrepancies between the config line
and the result of the debug line: you should get

texdoc debug1: xp -f
""/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/latex/apacite/apacite.pdf""

(note the double quotes, maybe I should fix that btw).

Manuel.