[texdoc] texdoc pdftex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Dec 20 12:31:00 CET 2008

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> Karl Berry writes:
>  > Hi Manuel -- I suggest texdoc pdftex be special-cased to pdftex-a.pdf,
>  > instead of bringing up the man page.
>
> Try "texdoc dvips" and you get the man page by default too.  You never
> get what you expect.  I suggested to rename "dvips.pdf" ==>
> "dvips.1.pdf" but it seems that I'm the only one who is unhappy with
> same names for different files in texmf trees.

Nope, you're no the only one. I have plans to change that, just no time
to do it atm. I'll probably have more time in two weeks when I'll be
done with my teaching-related tasks.

In the meanwhile, I can rapidly create aliases for what you suggest, but
please make me a list of the conflicts if you want the alias list to be
complete.

>    texdoc info: vntex aliased to vntex.txt
>
> Why is an alias needed at all???  I just asked for "vntex".

Very funny indeed. Probably taken directly from texdoctk.dat without
noticing.

> texdoc is currrently as unmaintanable as texdoctk.  It depends on
> table lookups instead of algorithms, which is always wrong, IMO.

I don't agree with that, but I won't discuss this today, no time.

Manuel.