[texdoc] viewer options ignored in .cnf?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Dec 3 00:00:53 CET 2008

Karl Berry a écrit :
>     (c) viewer_pdf = xpdf "%s" &
>
> I feel like I copied the example with quotes out of the manual, but
> maybe I was just assuming.

I just checked, there's no quote in the manual, nor in the comments of
the default texdoc.cnf file.

> In any case, I don't see a need to write code handle "%s"

OTOH, it's just one line of code...

> in the cnf
> files specially;

Hum, there is nothing special to conf files here: currently this part of
texdoc's code doesn't know where the value comes from.

> just be sure that the examples that don't have the
> quotes and point out that texdoc itself does quoting, so filenames with
> spaces (for example) are handled correctly without special intervention
> by the user.  Maybe I missed that when I looked at the manual.

You're right, it never stated explicitely that texdoc already quotes the
filenames. (I would think it is implicitely clear that is is meanst to
"do the right thing", but, being explicit in the manual never hurts.)

Manuel.