TL2024 from .iso fail under cygwin (win11 pro)

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri Apr 26 08:57:22 CEST 2024

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024, David Carlisle wrote:
> Does it use an absolute path for output?

Yes, quite surely.

> curl -o /tmp/abc
>
> will write to windows tmp but that's/cygdrive/c/tmp not /tmp to the cygwin
> perl so files will not be where expected

Sounds extremly stupid to me to write a file to a different place than
clearly indicated, or?

I don't do cygwin, and it creates soo much pain (the combination of
Windows with strange unixish stuff).

If someone can go to the bottom of it, I am happy to review patches.

Best regards

Norbert

arXiv / Cornell University   +   IFMGA Guide   +   TU Wien  +  TeX Live