TL2024 from .iso fail under cygwin (win11 pro)

John Collins jcc8 at psu.edu
Wed Apr 24 23:48:47 CEST 2024

I also got the same problem when I tried to use the Unix installer under
cygwin.  My installation is a minimal Cygwin supplemented only by installing
Cygwin's Perl.

I was able to overcome the problem by installing Cygwin's wget.

It seems that the error message could be improved to indicate what appears to
be the true source of the problem, i.e., a missing executable, rather than a
problem downloading from a repository.

John