--with-system-zlib and texdoc,lualatex,...

texlive at schoepfer.info texlive at schoepfer.info
Thu Apr 11 11:10:09 CEST 2024

Am 2024-04-10 23:32, schrieb Karl Berry:
>>      if (strncmp(version, ZLIB_VERSION, 2))
>
>     We only compare the major and minor version here (13 vs 13) ... why
>     does it complain?
>
> Indeed.
>
> Johannes: is the version that panics some older or distro binary?

It is from texlive2023, Distro-binary.
It happend twice in the texlive2023-cycle, but i didn't test if it would
happen with texlive2024.
Sorry, i'll downgrade zlib, compile texlive24 with --with-system-zlib ,
upgrade zlib, and will report back.

> As I
> recall, Luigi made that change to check only the major version
> recently,
> precisely to avoid the problem you are seeing.

Does "recently" mean before or after texlive2024 release?

Johannes