[tex-live] TeX and recent ghostscript changes

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Thu Sep 21 09:08:59 CEST 2017

> It's a matter of fact that it's difficult to merge two subsets of a
> particular font.

This is not what we (the lilypond team) are after.  We need proper
merging of non-subsetted fonts.

> They claim that two fonts with the same name are not necessarily
> identical.  [...]

This refers mainly to bad names for subsetted fonts as produced by
OpenOffice, IIRC.  In other words, you are barking the wrong tree.

> But all these three variants have the same /FontName and the same
> /UniqueID.

The concept of /UniqueID was abandoned many years ago already by
Adobe, for good reasons.

    Werner