[tex-live] behaviour of kpsewhich on case-insensitive mac system

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Sep 19 11:15:00 CEST 2017

Am Tue, 19 Sep 2017 08:04:03 +0900 schrieb Akira Kakuto:

>> Included images are the greatest problem. If I get a document
>> created on Windows, it rarely works on my Linux computer and
>> I have to fix names in \input and \includegraphics.
>
> Sorry for the incompatibility with other platforms.
> However, I will not change the present behaviors
> on windows.

I would really like to have is a way to find out the correct casing
without having to look at the file itself. E.g. if I do

 kpsewhich EXAMPLE-IMAGE-A.PNG
  or in a document
 \includegraphics{EXAMPLE-IMAGE-A.PNG}

then every data I get back says that I used the correct casing: On
the terminal and in the log I only see uppercase:
d:/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/tex/latex/mwe/EXAMPLE-IMAGE-A.PNG
<use EXAMPLE-IMAGE-A.PNG>

and when I then copy the code in some answer I get complains ;-(.

Couldn't there be some "case-debugging-mode"?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/