[tex-live] behaviour of kpsewhich on case-insensitive mac system

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Tue Sep 19 09:15:04 CEST 2017

Hi Justin

> The “HFS+” file system on macOS/OS X can be created to be case-sensitive (at least it once was; not sure whether it still is).  Did you perhaps do this in the distant past?

Yes, it is possibly to format a hard disk with HFS+ case-sensitive file system,

but
from diskutil info / I get

   File System Personality:  Journaled HFS+
   Type (Bundle):            hfs
   Name (User Visible):      Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

which confirms that it is the case-insensitive file system (else "Case-sensitive" would appear therein)

I am not sure but to change that I think I would need to re-format the hard-disk and thus re-copy from a backup all files, which, as anyway this is my book-disk would be quite an adventure !

Jean-François