[tex-live] Please update aastex in texlive-publishers

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Wed Oct 25 15:55:10 CEST 2017

"Singer, Leo P. (GSFC-6610)[OAK RIDGE ASSOCIATED UNIVERSITIES (ORAU)]"
<leo.p.singer at nasa.gov> writes:

> AASTeX, the LaTeX class used by the Astrophysical Journal and the
> Astrophysical Journal Letters, has been updated and version 6.1 is
> available (http://journals.aas.org/authors/aastex.html). Is it
> possible to please add aastex61.cls to texlive-publishers?

Concerning TeX development I am just a casual bystander. But as far as I
understand only packages and updates that are uploaded to CTAN will make
it in TeX Live. Certainly, we can't expect TL maintainers to permanently
scan the entire web for anything that might be useful.

So the actual contact persons would be the aastex developers. If they
upload 6.1 to CTAN it will end up in Tex Live - otherwise it won't.

However, after reading

<http://journals.aas.org/authors/aastex/linux.html>

I got the impression that they might have their reasons for not
releasing it to CTAN.

--
Uwe