[tex-live] betterbib

Gerd Neugebauer gene at gerd-neugebauer.de
Fri Oct 13 23:59:15 CEST 2017

> On 13 October 2017 at 23:48 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to update the package via an API or would I have to go to
>  the website manually each time I release a new version?

> CTAN not providing a dedicated API does not have to be a barrier. Just
> write a simple script to POST to the form at ctan.org/upload. I surmise
> that is simpler than what any API could provide, anyway. --best, karl.

We already have such a script on CTAN. Unfortunately it assumes an old version of the upload form. Thus it is disfuctional now (and the author is unreachable).
An API has the advantage that CTAN will provide a documented and reliable interface which can be used for this purpose -- not relying on a volatile web form.

The API itself is already in place. I am working on the documentation and testing and on a script for the client side to simplify the upload: edit a configuration file and invoke a command on the command line (which can be integrated in any build and deployment tool).

Ciao
Gerd