[tex-live] betterbib

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Fri Oct 13 11:47:28 CEST 2017

Hi Nico,

> Is it possible to update the package via an API or would I have to go to
> the website manually each time I release a new version?

You mean an API to get betterbib into our subversion server? No, that is
not possible.

And yes, every update you want to get into TeX Live needs to go through CTAN.
This is how everyone is doing it.

OTOH, if you meant that the API is used to update the actual installation on
the *user* computer, then well, in principle you *could* try to do it, but
in many cases the user running the script will not have *write* permissions
to the location where betterbib is installed. (Unix root/user, Win admin perm...)
So I think this is not a good idea.

All the best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer