[tex-live] PDF rendering issues in new Apple High Sierra (10.13)

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Oct 11 00:18:56 CEST 2017

This is just a heads-up about PDF blurry rendering in the new Apple
High Sierra (10.13) operating system release:

	High Sierra - blurry PDF's in Preview and broken QuickLook
	https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/high-sierra-blurry-pdfs-in-preview-and-broken-quicklook.2073401/

	Font Smoothing in High Sierra
	https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/299820/font-smoothing-in-high-sierra

Because most Mac users are likely to produce PDF, rather than DVI,
output from TeX documents, we may start to see questions/complaints
about PDF display with TeXShop and TeX Live.  One of our local users
already reported the issue to us after his laptop was upgraded
yesterday to High Sierra.