[tex-live] Build binaries with static libraries

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 31 00:05:30 CEST 2017

     don't provide old libraries

If they don't provide compatibility libraries, then they are breaking
existing binaries by design. I can't solve that. I already explained why
it is not practical to compile asy as statically as we compile most
other binaries.

    package 'asymptote' because I also installed binaries for win32
    platform and share the TeX Live path to a Windows host.

You've created a very complicated situation for yourself.

    I'll try to make some workaround.

rm /usr/local/opt/texlive/2016/bin/x86_64-linux/*asy

(Or use Arch's TeX and forget about our original TL. That's obviously
what the Arch distro intends.) -k