[tex-live] reset tlmgr to default net repo via cli

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Wed Mar 1 12:25:31 CET 2017

Hi

I sometimes install TL from a tlnet copy from my office PC. Afterwards I'd like the installation to get updated from the standard net repo.

The gui has a nice button for this, so I'm wondering if there is a cli option that can be used to do this reconfiguration (so I do not need to remember the URL for the default net repo).

It seems I can do this

tlmgr option repository http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet

but then I need to remember it, or look in the man pages, would an alias for the default net-repo be possible so one could do

tlmgr option repository net-default

?

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University
Mere info: http://au.dk/daleif@math / More information: http://au.dk/en/daleif@math