[tex-live] instopt_letter seems not to work

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 21 00:38:28 CEST 2017

    Karl: Do we want to change this into a tlpdb-option where the preference
    is saved into the tlpdb, *and* updated in the config files?
    There is a problem here, since we allow different settings for different
    programs, so the interpretation would be: If nothing is specified, use
    the paper size as specified in the tlpdb.

It sounds sensible to me, as far as I understand it :).

    Not sure if we want to go that way, though ...

Do you foresee some problem/confusion in practice?  --thanks, karl.