[tex-live] perl.exe error

ISHIKAWA,chiaki ishikawa at yk.rim.or.jp
Mon Jun 12 08:11:25 CEST 2017

On 2017/06/12 6:02, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> I tried everything to fix it but only get this again and again:
>> So what is the meaning of creating such a software?
>
> Probably the perl can't understand complicated non-ascii path.
> Try to make a directory c:\mytmp:
> mkdir c:\mytmp
>
> and define environment variables TEMP, TMPDIR, TMP
> to be c:\mytmp
>
> Best,
> Akira

On the screen, I see GPG failed hash check since it cannot find
the path which is printed as
C:\Users\xxxxxAppData\Local\Temp\...
(Sorry, my environment may input backslash character a Japanese currency
mark.)
xxxxx are Chinese characters and obviously GPG failed since there is NO
directory separator before AppData. Following AppData, the directory
separator characters are visible and seem to be OK.

It has been known that some software packages fail
when it encounters a pathname that contains " " (space) or
as suggested by Akira a non-ASCII characters.
So probably, GPG is the culprit.

So in this case, given the pathname not understood by GPG has
"AppData\Local\Temp"  definitely, you should set TEMP, TMPDIR, and TMP
to be ASCII only pathname in order to make sure gpg will create or
receive understandable pathnames for itself.