[tex-live] Beamer/Tex-Live

Robert Alessi alessi at robertalessi.net
Thu Jul 20 10:33:50 CEST 2017

Le 20/07/2017 à 10:10, Norbert Preining a écrit :
>> Yes, I was about to write a quick note.  auctex 11.90.2 is not yet
>> packaged in the major linux distributions,
>
> Because there are no tar balls and no releases.

You are right. Sorry about my mistake (which I corrected in a previous
post).

>> but is available on git or
>
> I don't see any tag related to 11.90.2? Is
> 	git://git.savannah.gnu.org/auctex.git
> this the correct git repo?

Yes

> The last tag is the release tag of 11.90

Correct, there is no minor version number on git, so one has to do with
the master branch.  To take an example, there is an 'auctex-git' package
available to Archlinux users in AUR:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/auctex-git (see 'view pkgbuild' in
the 'Package actions' block on the right.

>> through emacs itself: just do 'M-x package-list-packages', which is
>> after all the recommended way to install and update packages such as
>> auctex.
>
> Not for distributions.

Oddly, this is where 11.90.2 can be found!