[tex-live] Bug in TexLive installer

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:55:18 CET 2017

Do you have "Home" ediotion, or "Professional"? In the Home edition
permissions cannot be set so everything is usable while in the Professional
edition C:\ is not writable for normal users. I rarely install TeX Live in
Windows but when doing it I follow the same procedure as on Linux. I create
C:\texlive and make it writable for the user who will install and maintain
TL. Then I unpack the installer into this directory, run it and install to
C:\texlive\YYYY where YYYY is the year of the distro. I often keep the
installer because I am lazy to delete it and my disks are large enough.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz