[tex-live] TeXLive 2016 asymptote on archlinux

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 18 02:24:51 CET 2017

Hi Nelson,

> That is 35 different libraries, any of which could be replaced during
> the year a given TeX Live YYYY release is likely to be in use.

I didn't suggest linking all libs statically, but only readline.
In the last 10+ years the other libs hardly created any problem,
while readline was also very stable for long time (version wise),
it has seen jumps recently.

> times seen kernel and/or glibc-version symbols embedded in shared
> libraries that prevent their use on systems with older kernels or

That is the reason we try to build on as old machines as possible.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer