[tex-live] remove texworks in TexLive 2016 (linux x64)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 23 00:01:40 CET 2017

    [root at worktex ~] # tlmgr remove texworks
    tlmgr: not removing texworks, needed by collection-texworks

Oh, I forgot the command was cautious by default.
tlmgr remove --force texworks

    [root at worktex ~] # rm -rf /usr/local/texlive/2016/tlpkg/texworks/

That works too :).

I also switched the texworks package to be entirely w32 yesterday, so
that 19M should be gone in general. (All that's left is the
inconsequential package metadata.)  --thanks, karl.