[tex-live] Recommendations for viewer_md

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:15:47 CET 2017

> there is even a firefox plugin which can just be installed and Markdown files are viewable without any conversion. It's fast and simple (if you use firefox).

sure but I don't think we can make use of that as a default texdoc
viewer which is what I was suggesting.

I think README.md files are going to get more common (since ctan
accepts them these days) so it would be good if texdoc could handle
them a bit better,
Of course one way would be just to run the convertor as a one-off
conversion as the files are copied from ctan, then texdoc would only
have to worry about html (or pdf depending what conversion was used)
but on-the fly conversion to html for viewing works as well. Whichever
is easier to fit into the texlive infrastructure....

David