[tex-live] Documentation for tlshell, tlcockpit

Hoffmann, Jobst J.Hoffmann at fh-aachen.de
Thu Aug 31 09:42:29 CEST 2017

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 30.08.2017, 12:12 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:
> Sorry, both of them are still in development and not ready for actual
> consumption, but usable to a certain degree. Development is in the TL
> repo to immediately test on different archs.
>
> Both are frontends to tlmgr and will hopefully provide better gui than
> tlmgr gui win the future.
>
> Tlshell is a Tcl/Tk frontend written by Siep, tlcockpit is Scala/Java
> frontend written by me. You need Java and JavaFX installed (but not
> Scala).
>
> For both you need the tlcritical version of tlmgr for now.

I've tried both tlshell and tlcockpit. tlshell starts up, but at the
moment without any action, but that's ok, it's in development state.

On the other hand I can't start tlcockpit (strace shows FUTEX_WAIT).
Which version of Java/JavaFX is needed? I use the openjdk versions from
Fedora 26. Which .jar-files have to be in the classpath?

> Hope that helps
>
> Norbert
>
> On August 30, 2017 11:48:26 AM GMT+09:00, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.c
> om> wrote:
> > For two new texlive executables tlshell and tlcockpit there seems to
> > be no documentation, even README

Kind regards
Jobst
--
Prof. Dr. Jobst Hoffmann            Tel:   +49 (241) 6009-5 31 59
Fachhochschule Aachen Abt. Jülich   Fax:   +49 (241) 6009-5 31 89
Fachbereich 09                      email: j.hoffmann at fh-aachen.de